Walk Details for the Hudson Valley Walk
Walk Location: Walkway Over the Hudson
Walk Distance: 3 Miles
Check-In Time: 9:00 am Walk Start: 11:00 am
Message From Your Coordinator
Hello everyone! We are so thrilled you are joining us for the Walk to Defeat ALS! Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have ANY questions!
The Walk will be held at Walkway Over the Hudson on Sunday, October 15, 2023!
For questions please reach out to Meg Emery, Senior Manager of Fundraising and Special Events at 212-720-3049 or email@example.com.
Below are some helpful links and tips to get you started!
We're so excited to be launching this year's Hudson Valley Walk to Defeat ALS Fundraising Challenge! There will be lots of great prizes to win.
The Fundraising Challenge begins at 9 am on Monday, September 18th, and will end at 5 pm on Sunday, September 24th.
FUNDRAISING WEEK CHALLENGES
- Most funds raised by a Team: the Team Captain will win a custom social media post highlighting their walk team and a Complementary Bardavon Membership, four tickets to see Disney Pixar's Coco in Concert on Sunday, October 1st at Ulster Performing Arts Center in Kingsland, two tickets to see MET Live: Dead Man Walking (Heggie) on Sunday, October 21st at Bardavon in Poughkeepsie, and two tickets to see BRIT FLOYD on Friday, November 3rd at Ulster Performing Arts Center.
- Most funds raised by a Walker: one walk participant will win a custom social media post highlighting why you walk and a $50 Gift Card to Sierra Lily in Poughkeepsie.
- Update your personal fundraising page: one walk participant will win a $30 Gift Card to Cafe Con Leche in Wappingers Falls.
- The team that recruits the most team members: the Team Captain will win a custom social media post highlighting their walk team and two tickets to the December production of "Little Women" at The Center for Performing Arts at Rhinebeck.
- Make a self-donation of $50 or more: one walk participant will win a $100 Gift Card to Carter's Restaurant and Lounge in Beacon.
THE MORE YOU RAISE THE MORE YOU RECEIVE!
All Walk participants are eligible for a host of prizes based on your personal fundraising success. Sign up and get a jump start on your fundraising now. This benefit is awarded to individuals, not teams or donors, so make sure the donations to your personal fundraising record add up!
• Raise $100: receive the 2023 Walk to Defeat ALS t-shirt!
• Raise $500: receive a water bottle + the 2023 Walk to Defeat ALS t-shirt!
• Raise $1,500: receive the 2023 VIP Walk to Defeat ALS t-shirt + water bottle!
• Raise $2,500: receive a foldaway shopper tote + 2023 VIP Walk to Defeat ALS t-shirt + water bottle!
• Raise $5,000: receive a baseball cap + foldaway shopper tote + 2023 VIP Walk to Defeat ALS t-shirt + water bottle!
Walker Handbook (Coming Soon)
Your go-to guide for everything Walk related. It contains interesting ideas, helpful tips, and chapter contact information.
My Walk Supporters Pledge Sheet
Print this worksheet out and keep track of your donations!
Are you mailing your donations to The ALS Association before the Walk? Help them out and fill out a deposit slip!
Fundraising Tools at Your Fingertips
Did you know that you can raise money for the Walk through Facebook? Connect your fundraising page with Facebook's Fundraising platform to easily ask for support from your network!
Only participants who've raised $100 will get a t-shirt. This benefit is awarded to individuals, not teams or donors, so make sure the donations to your personal fundraising record add up!
In addition to working toward one for yourself, you should spread the word to encourage your friends, family, and coworkers to earn their very own shirt.
Make sure you become of a fan of our Chapter on Facebook to receive information about fundraising contests, shout outs to outstanding teams and walkers, and important Walk Day details!